Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Sister-in-law's Meatloaf*

This one may look a little weird as far as the combination of ingredients, but it is sooo good!

1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
10 saltine crackers
2 eggs 1/2 cup salsa
1 small onion chopped

Mix the previous ingredients together to form the meatloaf and put in a loaf pan.

Cover with glaze:
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Water
2 Tbsp Ketchup

Mix together and pour over meatloaf.

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. I usually have to cook mine a little longer, I don't know if it's because my only loaf ban in a stone one, I'm not sure, but check it after 30 minutes.

I love to serve this with mashed potatoes and gravy and with steamed zucchini and squash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked it!!

Jill said...

Our kids love these. I got the small loaf aluminum pans at the grocery store and they each got their own meatloaf. Great recipe!