Thursday, January 10, 2008

Glazed Carrots with Pistachio Nuts

2 to 3 cups of carrots, sliced in diagonal pieces
3 TB packed brown sugar
1 TB butter
1/3 cup chicken broth
pinch of kosher salt
ground pepper
1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts
parsley

Place carrots, brown sugar, butter, chicken broth, salt & pepper in a small saute pan over medium heat. Bring ingredients to a simmer, stir and reduce heat to medium low for 10 minutes. Add pistachio nuts and continue to cook until carrots are fork tender. Sprinkle parsley and serve!

Yummy! My 2 year old couldn't stop eating these! I got this from a cookbook by Kim Warren.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

Did you make this recipe up just to get rid of all those pistachios from Jim and Renae??? :)We'll have to give it a try to use up some of our pistachios.

Jill said...

Possibly! It does help! I loved it with the nuts...my girls didn't, but they are big and easy to pick out if you don't like them. I'm taking them to a ward member as part of a dinner tomorrow. Hopefully I'll hear good things about them!

Kirsten said...

i made this for my husbands bday and daughters blessing day and they were gone really fast. thanks again. friends with stephanie anderson.

Anonymous said...

ha, I am going to try out my thought, your post bring me some good ideas, it's really awesome, thanks.

- Norman

Anonymous said...

What's up, all the time i used to check blog posts here early in the dawn, because i love to gain knowledge of more and more.

my blog resistance of a resistor

Anonymous said...

Hey thеrе thіs is kind of оf оff toрic but I was wanting to
knоw if blogs use WYSIWYG еditorѕ or if уou have to manuаlly coԁе ωith HTΜL.
Ӏ'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Look into my site Resistor color code

Anonymous said...

Verу good blog! Do you have any tіps
аnd hintѕ for aspiring wrіters?
I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost οn eѵerything.
Would yοu recоmmenԁ starting
with a free ρlatform like Wordpresѕ οr gο for a paid oρtion?
Therе are sο manу ορtions οut
there that I'm completely overwhelmed .. Any tips? Thanks!

My web-site: Potentiometer